Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The first time in four months

Today, for the first time in four months, I am sleeping alone. And it is the worst. Spencer is away at a wedding in Utah for a couple of days, and I'm sure I made clear my anguish at his leaving me behind to work, but I really thought I would be okay. I meant it(!!!) when I told him I didn't want him to go, and would be so sad without him, but in the back of my mind I had this recurring thought that maybe it would be fun having 2 nights of watching Gilmore Girls reruns without feeling guilty for making Spencer sit through "the show where nothing happens" with me. Well, after an HOUR long bath, (sidenote, what is it about baths? The minute I get in there I'm too warm and want to get out, and always have to resist washing my hair/rest of me because it seems like such a waste of bathing time. And yet, it is somehow still appealing...), doing the dishes from last night, and a long overdo catch-up journal saga, I am having a hard time coming up with things to do to keep the nightmarish thoughts of the lonely sleep awaiting me from flooding my mind.. (not to mention being too sad to watch even one episode, or enjoy a single scoop of my favourite ice cream waiting for me in the freezer). I love sharing a room with Spencer. Not only is he tidy and organized, but I am also completely in love with him, and I've always felt this way (for the just over four months we've been married), but I will have a new found appreciation for my roomie when he returns on Friday. Not only is there no one to tickle my hair until I'm sleepy, and watch a pre-bed time episode of X-Files (thankyou Netflix), but every single noise outside is scaring me to death- I'm sure I won't make it through these next two days! And I won't pretend the thought- what the HECK will I do if I find a spider in our home!?-didn't cross my mind. What I'm trying to say in all of this, is I'm tremendously grateful for My Spencer, and missing him terribly. I hope the next two days zoom past! Aaaannd i just looked at the clock and realized it was only 12 hours ago that I saw him. Oh bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment