Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"No, I'm not married."

I do not like being single.

Yesterday at work, not one, or two.. but THREE different, unrelated people asked me if I was married. First, a patient, then the computer guy, and then a company rep. Why? Why do people always feel the need to ask me such a thing?
Do I look married?
Does the gloves make it look like I am wearing a ring?
Do I give off a married aura?
Does my appearance scream "wife!" ?

I know people always think I'm older than I am ... (which for now is not a bad thing in my mind) but older and married are not the same.
I don't hate that the new "Do you want fries with that?" is "Are you married?" I just feel kinda like I'm being stabbed in the guts everytime someone asks me.

..... or maybe it's just everytime I have to relpy, "no."

Shelli McCullough, where are you?! Why has it been so long since we last chatted?! Why are our schedules never the same!? I have had enough of this.

3 comments:

  1. I just decided that I would check your blog to see if you had updated because I am missing you so.....and then I read this! She is missing me too I think! COME AND SEE ME, or we could do dinner or shopping or even a double date. Do you think Darren and Spencer could handle the extra girliness that happens when we get together?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I just go with it... "Oh ya, we're going on a year!" I was in Vegas last week and a guy came up to me and asked what I was doing while I was waiting in the lobby. Is it bad I told him I was waiting for my husband when in reality I was waiting for my parents? Maybe. But it felt great! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHELLI!
    I'm sure that if they got overwhelmed they could just talk about surfing or something, ha.
    I would love to do any of those things ! I will talk to you about it at church tomorrow.

    KELSEY,
    I think that is perfectly acceptable. In fact, you have given me the courage to try that out!

    ReplyDelete